Want to make it easy for your Typepad blog visitors to share your great content with their friends? Add social media sharing buttons to Typepad posts! Your visitors can share your posts on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Google+ and more!
Don’t worry – you don’t need to do this every time you write a blog post. Simply change a quick setting in your Typepad Dashboard and they will automatically appear on all your blog posts.
*Note: These instructions are for Typepad blogs using a Basic Template. If you’re using an Advanced Template you will need to edit your HTML code.
Adding Social Media Buttons to Typepad Posts Using a Basic Template:
- Login to your TypePad Dashboard and click the Design tab.
- Click the Content button.
- Click the “Configure” icon in the Post Footer section
- A “Post Footer Configuration” box will popup. Scroll down and check the boxes next to the social media buttons you want to include at the bottom of your posts.
- Scroll down further in the “Post Footer Configuration” box and check the “Show foooter links as buttons?” box. (If you prefer to have text links instead of buttons, uncheck this box.)
- Click the “OK” button.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the “Content” page and click the “Save Changes” button.
That’s all there is to it! Now you’ll see your social media sharing buttons at the bottom of each of your Typepad posts!