When you first create a Facebook page, the link to your page is something like this: http://www.facebook.com/pages/companyname/#######
Wouldn’t you prefer a website address like this: http://www.facebook.com/companyname?
Here’s how to do that!
- First, you need to have more than 25 fans of your Facebook page.
- Login to your Facebook account.
- Type in this website address: http://www.facebook.com/username
- There will be an interface for you to choose a username for the Page(s) you are the administrator of. Select the page you want to create the username for.
- Type in the username that you want and then click the “Check Availability” button to see if that username is available.
- If it’s available, a window will popup. Click on the “Confirm” button.
- It will then display the new link to your Facebook page. For example, the Digital K Facebook page is: http://www.facebook.com/digitalkward
Tips for Choosing your Facebook Page Username:
- Be careful what username you select! Once you claim your username by clicking the “Confirm” button, it is not possible to edit it, or to transfer it to a different account on Facebook. Even when an account is removed from the Facebook site, that username will not be made available to other users.
- Create a username that is as close as possible to your business name (For example: PizzaHut).
- Usernames can only contain alphanumeric characters (A-Z, 0-9) or a period (“.”).
- Your username must adhere to Facebook’s Statement of Rights and Responsibilities.